Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Custom Artwork for my little girls room...

I always have had a difficult time selecting artwork for our house, so when it came to selecting artwork for my daughter's room I looked...and looked...and looked...and could not find anything that grabbed me.

At the time, my daughter was almost two, and my husband and I had started singing her the ABC's and counting 123's. I had seen some really cute ABC designs from different sites, but could not find anything in the right size or colors
.
So, trying to be crafty with a limited knowledge of Illustrator, I tried to make some artwork myself and this is what I came up with...



Inexpensive bedding from Target that I was trying to match colors too




ABC Artwork print that I created




123 artwork that I created

This was a great little project. I was able to use some existing Aaron Brothers frames that I had and I had them spray painted a white semi-gloss color. The mats were existing from previous artwork that I had in the frames and I popped the art printed with some really cute hot pink stripped scrapbook paper from Michaels.

I searched high and low for sweet fonts that were feminine and legible. I was able to find some free fonts over at kevinandamanda.com.

All in all, I think they turned out pretty cute. The best part about the whole project is that I am able to sing the ABC's and count the 123's with Karis whenever we are in her bedroom!

3 comments: